A Couple Of Other Glitches  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

(@sabreliner)
16/01/2017 5:18 am  

Hello, after testing, I have noticed the following:

1) The pitot heat seems intermittent.  If I have the pitot heat on, and I enter icing conditions, the airspeed will toggle between IAS and 0 repeatedly.

2) I don't see a strobe light anywhere outside the aircraft.  I think the actual bulb is located underneath the fuselage below the side cargo doors, yet I don't see a flashing light.

Alan

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
16/01/2017 8:13 am  

Hi there

Working on pitot problem and for the strobe lights we discovered that there is a difference with how prepar3D handles the timers of the strobes. In FSX and Steam it works fine. Busy on a work around.

Will keep you updated  

ReplyQuote
(@lenny)
16/01/2017 3:32 pm  

Using FSX Steam only; and can confirm that (with service pack 1 installed), I have the same issue's as Sabreliner

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
16/01/2017 3:52 pm  

Hi there

Make sure not to use the O key on the keyboard. You have to switch them on at lights panel on rear overhead. Just tested in Steam and work fine and flashing. Pitot heat problem fixed and will be ready with some other fixes.

Just need to get everything sorted for the hot fix installer.

Will keep you posted 

ReplyQuote
(@lenny)
16/01/2017 4:17 pm  

Hi,

At the moment performing an flight with the transall, and all the 3 Ext. Lightning switches are in the ON position...no red strobe on the plane... but when I do press the O key on the keyboard...the red strobe works (but stays on, even with the storbe button in off position.

With kind regards;

Lennert.

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
16/01/2017 4:40 pm  

Hi Lennert

The strobe switch is for the white flashing lights, on wings and at rear. The anti collision switch is the one that put rotating beacons on and off, one on vertical fin and other bottom right. Try not to use the O key.

Hope this help 

ReplyQuote
(@lenny)
16/01/2017 5:30 pm  

Oke just restarted FSX steam/flight.... let's see :

Aircraft all powerd up and engines running and hands off the keyboard

-Anti collision switch ON (Red Rotating Beacons on Tailfin tip and bottom right)... OK

-Position Lights switch ON (Green/Red wingtip)...OK

- Strobe switch ON (White Flashing Lights on Wing and at the Rear)... No white Flashing Lights on Wing and on the Rear...

Also tested : Wing Lights and Formation Lights, and the Taxi/Landing Lights...All OK

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
17/01/2017 12:47 pm  

Hi Lennert

Did you got the strobes to work?

If not can you look in fsx-steam in the effects folder for a file called fx_JSS_C160_strobe.fx dated 2016/12/15. Path..... C:\FSX Steam Edition\steamapps\common\FSX\effects......

See attached how they work in steam.

ReplyQuote
(@lenny)
20/01/2017 10:50 am  

Hi sorry for the late reply,

Just checked the file and my file is dated 2016/12/19

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
20/01/2017 10:55 am  

Hi Lenny

Finished with service pack that will fix the strobe problem in all sim platforms and some other fixes as well. Busy with the installer and should be release early next week. 

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@lenny)
20/01/2017 10:59 am  

Oke looking forward to the service pack.

Kind regards,

Lennert.

ReplyQuote
(@paul)
21/01/2017 3:11 pm  

Hi, not looked to see of the strobes are active within P3D v3.4 ... However, I'm getting the same issue with airspeed toggling between IAS and zero. Only happened a few times, but not had much time to fly since the first service pack was launched last week.

i5 7600K 4.7GHz | GA-Z97P-D3 | 16GB 2400MHz | GTX 1070 | Win 10 Home 64-bit | 32" 4k ISP | Oculus Rift CV-1 | Saitek X-55 | Thrustmaster TFRP |
P3D v3.4.22 & v4 | Orbx Base, Vector, OpenLC NA/EU, HD trees, FTX England, Scotland, Wales | UK2000 Liverpool, Manchester | AS16 + ASCA | Accu-feel

ReplyQuote
(@bonnietc)
01/02/2017 4:45 pm  

Hi,

found out two things which do not fit. First: When positioning the mouse cursor at an instrumnet or knob of the VC it does not show the correct Help-Text (in German). This is confusing. Second thing i found out. While descending and the pitot heat is on sometimes while the airspeed-indicator shows the correct air Speed,  then the needle turns to zero for about one or two minutes. Still descending, after this time of minutes, the ASI works proper again. I don't know the reason why. This is not a behavior I knew from any other plane.

By the way, pressure and de-icing is now working fine.

Greetings Volker 

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
01/02/2017 4:57 pm  

Hi Volker

Did you download service pack 1a? The fix for the pitot is in that service pack, if you did and you get that problem can you tell me more about your flight. Outside temperature and what altitude so I can go and test it under that circumstances. 

Regards 

ReplyQuote
(@bonnietc)
02/02/2017 1:47 pm  

Hi,

yes, i got the download of SP1a. But now, I'm not so sure to have it installed ;-). Will try it again this afternoon. After that I will report what happens with the ASI. This evenig I will try the first online-flight at VATSIM, after testing a lot offline with this beautiful plane. Was there a solution about the help-text with mouse Cursor by SP1a?

Regards 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: