OOM Problem  

RSS

Mischka
26/04/2017 10:39 am  

Dear JSS Team,

thanks for the fine C-160 ... it was needed for so long and thanks to You now there is a fine simulation of this iconic lane, specially we Germans love it for all the history we have with this one - think about famous "Sarajevo Approach"....

I am still working with becoming familiar with it ūüėČ

But there is a problem - unfortunately the C160 consumes a lot of VAS and goes on with using more and more, so after 15 min finally the flight stops because of OOM, and everything is shi...

I am using FSX Gold edition in a 64bit WIN7; with DX10 with DX Scenery Fixer. Im am using some repaints, but the problem is the same with default paints.  

Please help, because in that way the plane is not useable fo flying!

Thanks,

Michael

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
26/04/2017 1:58 pm  

Hi Michael

FSX is know for it's memory limitations and not to speak about prepar3d. But for prepar3d there is a fix with the VAS problem. The aircraft was never tested in DX10 but it works. See the post just under your's from David, maybe you can ask him what his setup is and how the aircraft is doing on his side. Also have a look at this site     http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78578-a-very-positive-update-regarding-my-oom-issues-thessaloniki/

Hope it helps

ReplyQuote
Mischka
26/04/2017 2:26 pm  

Sorry guys,

but there is never such a big OOM problem with any other addon, like PMDG 737. So please do not shift me to tips from other people regarding other addons... but please either work on a fix for this dramatic use of VAS by Your C 160 (as You did a fix for P3D), or please accept it is not working for FSX, at least FSX with DX10, and communicate open about it. DX10 ist standard for FSX meanwhile, because DX9 is causing OOMs too much. 

If it turns out, it does not work properly in FSX DX10, please take back the plane and cancel my purchase. It is a great pity, but than there is still no FSX variant of the Transall and I have to come along with it... 

But still there is strong hope for a fix!

Greetings,

Michael

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
26/04/2017 5:34 pm  

Hi Michael,

We have been completely clear on the plane not being tested with DirectX10 - see our product page www/jss-simulations.com/products.    The fix I mention for Prepar3D wasn't a fix from me or on the Transall C-160 but was a fix from Prepar3d themselves for those that are running into VAS problems.  There are also various fixes around on other forums which addresses the VAS problems that Prepr3D  has.  I don't want to shift people around and therefore I researched this information to help some of my customers which has worked.  FSX and STEAM is a Directx9 with a Directx10 preview which doesn't work that well.  So for that to work well in Direcxtx10 you need to use the programme that you already have  https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/ .  Unfortunately i don't know the configuration of your system to help with you the correct settings.

So as you can see from stretch1365s post this morning he is running FSX DX10 and everything is working well.

If you are unable to come right (which I hope you do) and you want a refund please contact the site you purchased from and follow their refund policy.

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Mischka
26/04/2017 6:05 pm  

Hi there,

yes, I am using Scebery Fixer and so far my FSX is working for Years, there are virtually no OOMs (exceppt trying PMDGs 737 to fly over

ReplyQuote
Mischka
26/04/2017 6:11 pm  

Hi there,

yes, I am using Scenery Fixer and so far my FSX is working for years, there are virtually no OOMs (except trying PMDGs 737 to fly over Aerosofts Manhattan).  So my settings are OK, because not one in about 50 Addon Aircrafts or about a hundred sceneries is causing such VAS usage. So the only suspect unfortunately is the JSS Transall, which is really sad, because I like the plane very much, ist is a great addon, if it was usable with FSX DX10. I is a pity, that You do not try to fix it ... it makes Your fine plane useless for almost alls FSX-users, because very few are lying with DX9 still... too much OOMs! So I will ask for refund.

Greetings,

Michael

ReplyQuote
stretch1365
26/04/2017 11:27 pm  

Hi Mischka,

FSX is and always has been a bit of a give and take  program to run properly and run well. It is a tricky balancing act between adding tons of scenery and amazingly complex addon's and still getting your system to run at an adequate speed. The developer, JSS-Simulations does say on their website that the C160 hasn't been tested in DX10 mode which is why I asked about before buying it myself.

I think unless you have a pretty heavy weight PC any complex aircraft flying over somewhere like Aerosoft Manhatten is going to bring your PC to it's knees............which is why I avoid major cities and their airports as much as possible in FSX.

I have an i3 PC running windows 7 64bit with 8gb Ram and I think off the top of my head an Radeon 5770 graphics card. It has 500gb hard drive for windows and a 1tb hard drive for FSX and the addons. I get about 20-25 fps, which I am happy with. I run DX10 with Steve's Scenery Fixer, and use UTX, GEX and Active Sky with ASCA too. It isn't great for these days but it works well for me.

You mentioned you get  OOM's after 15mins or so flying, have you tried flying the Transall from say a small airport  in the Caribbean for example and seeing if you still get OOM's, just to give you an idea if it is indeed the aircraft causing your problem and not some scenery. I noticed you said you ran a windows 7, 64bit operating system too, but not what the increased size of RAM you had installed was. FSX can only use 4gb as we all know, but if you haven't physically added more RAM then you will still run into issues, as windows and other processes will still be running in the background, even in windows 7, 64bit operating system.

I do hope you get the Transall flying on your system it really is a lovely aircraft to fly. As I said in my earlier post I have only done the one test flight from TNCM for now, but it flew for well over an hour and a half before I landed back at TNCM safe and sound without memory issues at all. I won't have time to try any more flights until the weekend but I will test it some more then.

Regards and Happy flying,

David Phillips.

ReplyQuote
Mischka
27/04/2017 3:03 pm  

Dear David, dear JSS Team,

my FS is driven by an I7 with 4GHz, 12GB RAM and two SSD hard drives 500GB each,  a Geoforce GTX 760. and as mentioned, Win7 64 , FSX Gold ed and DX with Scenery Fixer..

Though¬†this is not a one-million-dollar equipement, it is¬†doing quite well. Of course not a PMDG 737 over Aersosoft Manhatten, but I can use the PMDG in UTX USA with addon airports, Aerosft A320 series in Europe with Foto-Sceneries and Airport addons and get 15fps on the grounds, 25 airborne, and VAS is no problem. So far the system is tuned finde after a time consuming process of some tuning-evolution ūüėČ

VAS usage is a critical problem for any FSX addon, and meanwhile programers were able to develop addons avoiding OOMs. And DX10 is standrad with mist FSXsimmers so far.

So JSS might have reasons for not testing the otherwise so fine C160 with DX10, and not to address the VAS problem, but that makes the addon useless for me unfortunately. When consuming ¬†VAS of 3.8 in default scenery, there is something going wrong, and i am not scientist enough any more to start research on tuning again. And Transall is a plane to be flown over Europe, not in remote Island sceneries only ūüėČ

IF JSS is not interested in the function of the Transall in FSX DX 10, that is a pity, but their decision and I have to come over it.

But refund is unavoidable in this case...  

Greetings, Michael

ReplyQuote
Paul_Blythe
21/05/2017 2:09 pm  

Hi, I reported a VAS / OOM issue with P3D v3.4 when I first purchased the C-160 several months ago. On first install and with every update I get VAS / OOM faults ... However, I did find and reported a work-around that fixed the issue for me.

Delete all Shaders from:  Users>[YourName]>AppData>Local>Lockheed Martin>Prepar3D vs3>Shaders ... FSX file location will be similar

Delete the main config file for P3D or FSX (same with the flyinside config file) ... does mean re-doing your settings and adding any tweaks back into the .cfg file.

After doing this I get no more VAS / OOM faults ... Running P3D v3.4.22, Orbx Global, Vector, OpenLC, FTX regions, UK2000 airports, AS16 & ASCA with¬†head tracking at 4K. Hope ¬†it helps ūüôā

Edited: 7 months  ago

i5 7600K 4.7GHz | GA-Z97P-D3 | 16GB 2400MHz | GTX 1070 | Win 10 Home 64-bit | 32" 4k ISP | Oculus Rift CV-1 | Saitek X-55 | Thrustmaster TFRP |
P3D v3.4.22 & v4 | Orbx Base, Vector, OpenLC NA/EU, HD trees, FTX England, Scotland, Wales | UK2000 Liverpool, Manchester | AS16 + ASCA | Accu-feel

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register