Test Systems Problem  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

(@huggy)
25/03/2018 8:14 pm  

Hi
Here in Germany we have a problem with the test systems of the JSS Transall with/in 8 different simulator pilots/systems.
The fuel quantities can not be indicated by pressing the provided buttons (pointers remain in "0-position"), the same with hydraulic systems, propeller-overtore. etc. The test systems for windscreen heating, fire extinguishing system and de-icing do not react at all. The situation is similar with the vibration meters.
It works with a slow double-click with the mouse, the 2nd click must be hold. Or you turn the mouse wheel, then it works too.
The problem occurred in the period 2nd December week 2017. We first suspected a Windows Update - but that was it not ...
It occurs in the P3D V3 / 4. In FSX everything is O.K.
There were several new installations performed. A computer system was put on again, the P3D V4 installed and then the JSS Transall (file JSS_Simulations_Transall_C-160_1c_F1) installed - also here there was the problem.
The 8 computer systems are different except for the Windows10 (processor, video card, memory, motherboard, hard disks, video card driver)
Is there a solution for this problem?
Hopfully get a good answer, Martin

ReplyQuote
(@bonnietc)
26/03/2018 7:05 am  

Hi folks

I'm one of the german virtual C160 Pilot who got the same problem. Because of this, the Trall isn't unflyable, but it's not funny to play with the mouse and its wheel for toggling through the test-Systems. I'm hopefully looking forward for a bug-fixing.

For me, the question about the atificial Horizont isn't also finaly resolved. I've asked a question in the topic of this theme about this bug and received no answer. For me it isn't a solution, to put the resolution of the gauge to 1024 while using a 4K monitor.

Many greetings from germany

Volker

Volker

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
26/03/2018 4:27 pm  

Hi Martin.

I am a little bit confused that you are saying the fuel gauge needle is in the empty or 0 position to see what the fuel quantities are when you press the button.  So please can you send me a screen grab so I can get a better understanding of what your problem is.  Because the only time that needle will be in the 0 position is when the fuel tanks are either empty or the battery is off.

After testing the whole day in Prepar3D version 4.1 - all systems are still operational.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
26/03/2018 4:38 pm  

Hi Volker,

Sorry responding so late but I think I may have developed a solution for you.  I would like you to change your Prepar3D configuration file, then max VC texture load back to 4096.  Then go to the aircraft panel configuration file and under VC Cockpit 01 you will see pixel_size = 2048,2048.  Change the 2048, 2048 to 1024,1024.  Leaving the following setting as is - size_mm = 2048,2048.

Back up your JSS_C160.A.CAB and download a new CAB folder from the following link and paste it into that panel folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8jccssrl1fcjaz/JSS_C160.A.CAB?dl=0

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
(@bonnietc)
26/03/2018 6:06 pm  

Hi Janus,

thanks for the quick answer. I will test it at the weekend and will tell you immediatly if it works !!!

Thanks

Volker

ReplyQuote
(@huggy)
26/03/2018 9:23 pm  

Hi Janus
Thanks for the quick answer and sorry for my bad English ...
It also affects the fuel test buttons. On the checklist item 21 "FUEL". The test button had to be pressed only once with the left mouse button, then the test function was triggered. Now I have to do a slow double click with the second click to hold to execute the test function. The test function of the fuel gauge can also be triggered with the mouse wheel.
It is also at the checklist item 35 "ENGINE VIBRATION METERS" - the test switch can not be triggered with a simple left mouse click. It is also only as described above (fuel test button)
I hope I have defined it correctly, Martin

ReplyQuote
(@bluearrow)
27/03/2018 6:07 pm  

Hej Janus,

new password is working, hoping this will be steady !  ;o)

On January 16th I've send you a comprhensive e-mail with all issues within the test systems. Like Huggy has reported the issues occured unexpected around Christmas, on my system within Prepar3D v3.4 demonstrably December 26th. Until December 20th, everything worked properly, from December 26th all test sytems collapsed and didn't recover till now. Aircraft can be flown but without any test system.

Meanwhile I changed simulator version to P3D v4.1 with any change concerning the issues !

Regards

Michael

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
03/04/2018 7:14 am  

Hi Martin

This pass weekend I've tested all systems in Prepar3D V4.1 and can confirm that everything is working as it should. Just remember that these switches are programmed to simulate a spring loaded switch. You have to press left mouse button and hold it in until the test is completed and also don't move the cursor. For the other systems test you have to follow the flow exactly to work.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Janus    

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
03/04/2018 7:26 am  

Hi Michael

This pass weekend I've tested all systems in Prepar3D V4.1 and can confirm that everything is working as it should. Just remember that these switches are programmed to simulate a spring loaded switch. You have to press left mouse button and hold it in until the test is completed and also don't move the cursor. For the other systems test you have to follow the flow exactly to work.

To attach a file you just click on the choose file box and add your file.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Janus 

ReplyQuote
(@huggy)
03/04/2018 8:42 pm  

Hi

It looks like that only German pilots are affected by the problem and that only from a certain point on ... That's not really funny ... I've tried it with other country settings, unfortunately, no solution to the problem ...

What's the difference here ...?

Thanks for the answer, Martin

ReplyQuote
(@bluearrow)
03/04/2018 9:27 pm  

Hej Janus,

please take for granted, that I'am experienced and very familiar in using Checklists in every phase of aircraft use. Also, if there wouldn't have occured any issue in your systems, which doesn't occure until Dezember 26th, 2017, I wouldn't waste my time in writung threads. For nearly one year - from January 2017 until December - everything worked within the Prepar3D v3.4. Then from day to day Test Systems collapsed not my experiences.

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
05/04/2018 5:55 pm  

Hi Martin

I'm sorry, but with the information you have given me I can't replicate your problem. You talk about from a certain point on. What is that certain point?

Let's look at a few questions and first just work with the fuel test buttons.

1) If you press the fuel test button does it animate in and on release out? (left mouse button)

2) Does the problem occur in the first flight of the day, or after exactly how many start-ups and shut downs?

3) Look at the attached picture of the panel folder, does yours match the dates and times plus sizes?

4) Where is your flightsim installed, on C drive or program files?

5) If possible can you make me a short video when the problem occurs?

6) What version Prepar3D are you running? (Mine is Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.1.7.22841)

I'm trying to get to the root of the problem, but for me not to be able to replicate it on my side it is difficult to help.

I look forward to receiving more information.

Regards.

Janus.

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
05/04/2018 5:57 pm  

Hi Michael

I'm sorry, but with the information you have given me I can't replicate your problem. The question is why did it collapse after December 26? In the coding there is no time or date parameters for it to collapse.   

Let's look at a few questions and first just work with the fuel test buttons.

1) If you press the fuel test button does it animate in and on release out? (left mouse button)

2) Does the problem occur in the first flight of the day, or after exactly how many start-ups and shut downs?

3) Look at the attached picture of the panel folder, does yours match the dates and times plus sizes?

4) Where is your flightsim installed, on C drive or program files?

5) If possible can you make me a short video when the problem occurs?

6) What version Prepar3D are you running? (Mine is Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.1.7.22841)

I'm trying to get to the root of the problem, but for me not to be able to replicate it on my side it is difficult to help.

I look forward to receiving more information.

Regards.

Janus.

ReplyQuote
(@bluearrow)
05/04/2018 6:33 pm  

Hej Janus,

although I 've already given all these informations to you in January, I'll repeat them today:

1) If you press the fuel test button does it animate in and on release out? (left mouse button) => there is any kind of motion when clicking and hold the left mouse botton !

2) Does the problem occur in the first flight of the day, or after exactly how many start-ups and shut downs? => the problems occur every time when selecting the Transall,regardless if you select the first time or in series !

3) Look at the attached picture of the panel folder, does yours match the dates and times plus sizes? => except the "panel.cfg.beforegaugeinstaller" each file, date and size are similar, time differs (one to two hours later) !

4) Where is your flightsim installed, on C drive or program files? => the flightsim is installed on a seperate partition; not on C or program files; there hasn't be any change since before December 26th  (when everything worked quiet normal) !

5) If possible can you make me a short video when the problem occurs? => please give us a hint, how we can upload a picture or a document which can be read by Acrobat Reader !

6) What version Prepar3D are you running? (Mine is Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.1.7.22841) => it's the same version like mine !

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@bluearrow)
05/04/2018 6:50 pm  

SUPPORT BY OTHER MEMBERS VERY WELCOME !!!

670 members and only two handful of which have this problem ! I can't really imagine this ! I've prepared a Quick Issue Test wich refers to screenshots (as Adobe PDF) and very simple to recognise if the issue is also on your system.

But in the moment I don't know how to upload.

Nevertheless, please give us a feedback - do your systems still work properly !?

Regards

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: