Wrong Artificale Horizont / Radio Module doesn`t work properly  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

McFly
15/01/2018 8:56 pm  

Hi everyone.
I`m using your C-160 with P3dv4 and installed it today via flight1.

I have two major problems.
1st:
The artificale horizon worjks not correct if i level out (see  link below)
(no idea how can add a picture here)

Next problem my radio panel:
The digits on my radio panel (VOR / COM and ADF) doesn`t work. They are not illuminated. ATC Panel waorks as intended.

do you have any advice how can i solve the problems?

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
16/01/2018 4:29 pm  

Hi McFly,

This is very strange.  This is the first time I have seen or heard of this happening with other Prepar3D users.  Also I have tested using the same parameters as shown in your pictures on Prepar3D v4.1 all day today and I have not been able to replicate the issue.

I see that you bought the aircraft from flight1 in February last year is this the aircraft that you have installed on prepar3D v4?  Since Feb 2017 I have released a service pack which allows the aircraft to function properly on Prepar3D v4 following its launch.  If you installed the version you bought last year, perhaps you need to download service pack 1c ( http://files.100megabyte.com/jss/JSS_Simulations_Transall_C-160_Service_Pack-1c.exe).

If this doesn't help then I need to understand a few things:

1) Which version of Prepar3D are you using v4.0 or v4.1?  

2) Is your Prepar3D installed in your programme files folder?

3) Did the installer give you options between Prepar3D V3 and V4?

4) In the panel folder of the aircraft folder are the cab files dated 2016/12/15?

What would be useful is to email me the following file from the panel folder - JSS_C160.A, which I can then test for you.

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
16/01/2018 4:30 pm  

Here are the pictures from my testing today...

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
16/01/2018 4:32 pm  

I did an ILS approach at Cape Town with approach mode activated

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
16/01/2018 4:32 pm  

And here are the radios

ReplyQuote
McFly
16/01/2018 10:36 pm  

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

I hope we can solve the problems:
I installed the latest version from Flight1 (1c)

1) Which version of Prepar3D are you using v4.0 or v4.1? 

2) Is your Prepar3D installed in your programme files folder?
Its installed at a seperate SSD (named) C:/Flusi)

3) Did the installer give you options between Prepar3D V3 and V4?
yes he gave me an option. In the meantime i installed the C-160 again without any changes.

4) In the panel folder of the aircraft  ....

Yes, there are 6 Folder dated 2016/12/15

how can i send you a file, bigger then 10MB. The File has 10.2MB.

Do you need further information?

By the Way: I have the c-160 already installed at my FSX at the same system. Can a exchange the folder? But they are other dated!

EDIT: I can use the artificale horizon for a automated ILS approach. It works together with the autopilot. But it looks like a little bit confuse and shaked.

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
17/01/2018 4:50 pm  

Hi McFly,

Thanks for the answers to the questions.  Everything look as it should be.

I need to test the file.

Could you transfer it to me via wetransfer (send files of up to 2GB for free https://wetransfer.com/) or a dropbox link if you have an account?

One final question - is the AH fine before takeoff and is it only happening when you level out?  and how long if your flight for this to happen.  I would like to recreate your situation my side exactly to see if I can replicate the issue.

And how are the radios now?  Are they on when the power button has been pressed?

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
McFly
17/01/2018 5:45 pm  

Oh yes dropbox! i forgot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xlnqdft08qcdf9/JSS_C160.A.CAB?dl=0

ReplyQuote
McFly
17/01/2018 11:22 pm  

for better understanding a small video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QuW-YC8F90

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
18/01/2018 5:37 pm  

Hi McFly,

Thank you very much for the folder you sent me.  I tested it today and I am glad to say that here is nothing wrong with the AH.

See link below for a video of my test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhtdDm3KY4

Am I right to say that you are using virtual reality goggles?  If so, please do one flight without the goggles and see if there is a difference.  On some of the bitmap gauges which are not 3D guages the timewarp factor can cause this effect.  You might also want to do teat with the default Baron 58 and see if the same happens on the AH.

If there is a difference, the following link may help  http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Graphics_Settings_and_Performance

Thanks 

Janus

ReplyQuote
McFly
18/01/2018 9:05 pm  

Sorry, i never used virtual reality googles.
I test the Beech Baron 58. Everything is ok.
Where can i disable the timewarp option?

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
19/01/2018 3:17 pm  

Hi McFly,

On the menu bar of your Prepar3D, I can see a Virtual Reality option, are there any settings in your simulator that have been enabled for Virtual Reality and is there a way to deactivate it to do further tests.?

I also have V4.1 but in my menu bar there is no option for virtual reality and this is the only difference I can think of between our setups.  And I suspect that there might be some settings that you can change which might be influencing that particularly gauge but this is just a guess.

My testing of your cab file shows the gauge working perfectly.

I would like to help you sort this out though.  I have uploaded my cab folder ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivxhypsz9rjza9b/JSS_C160.A.CAB?dl=0) for you to test, I think it is the exactly the same, but this is just for me to make sure that the one on the installer didn't get corrupted during your installation.

Further, would you mind sending me your operating system specs especially your DirectX and Windows versions you are using etc.

Finally, was the problem with the radios solved?

Over the weekend I will carry out extensive testing on the AH and different scenarios and come back to you.  But please let me know how the above two tests go on your side.

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
bonnietc
20/01/2018 4:25 pm  

Hi Folks,

got the same problem as McFly. Also when taxi. I'm now using P3Dv4. It works correctly on FSX.

Greetings Volker

ReplyQuote
JSS-Simulations
Administrator Admin
21/01/2018 1:52 pm  

Hi Volker,

Please send me a screen grab of the panel when the AH does the same as McFly.

I have now tested the aircraft on Prepar3D v4.1 for the last 6 hours and I do not get what you are getting.  I need you to describe more the scenario of the flight.  Is it a safe scenario or you are just choosing a particular scenario?  Does it happen after a certain amount of hours of flying, what time of the day is the sim set up for the flight?  I need to understand the exact timings of when it happens your side to allow me to replicate.

As requested to McFly, please download the cab file in the above Dropbox link, which is the cab file that is in the current installer, and test the aircraft for me using this cab file.  Then let me know.

Thanks

Janus

ReplyQuote
bonnietc
21/01/2018 6:21 pm  

Hi Janus,

here's a screenshot, after I changed the JSS_C160.A cab with your cab in the dropbox. Nothing changes.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register