Anti Icing Warning Sounds and Engine failure at around 20000 feet  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

(@sabreliner)
11/01/2017 9:27 pm  

Hello, I just picked this fine bird and I am having problems with anti-icing warnings sounds.  I tried resetting the anti-icing controls as per the checklist, but the warning sounds come back.  Then, I get an engine failure at around 20000 feet, even though engine de-ice is on and I definitely have fuel in the tanks still.  Any ideas?

Alan Johnston

ReplyQuote
(@sabreliner)
12/01/2017 12:55 am  

I did some more testing and I discovered that the engines were running fine but I had a complete electrical failure.  I noticed another post regarding this.  I am guessing this also has something to do with the wing and tail de-ice warning horn not permanently silencing.

Alan

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
12/01/2017 7:00 am  

Hi Alan

Sorry to hear about electrical problem. We are working on the problem with the generators. The service pack will be release next week. 

ReplyQuote
(@sabreliner)
12/01/2017 5:51 pm  

Thanks for the service pack!  Does the generator problem relate to the problem with the wing and tail de-ice warning horns not cancelling permanently?  I also have had a problem with the cabin altitude warning horn, yet the pressurization controls were set properly and the cabin differential pressure looked ok.

Alan

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
12/01/2017 6:22 pm  

I am going to replicate your flight as described above with the new service pack not installed and will let you know if I get the same error.  Can you also please confirm that your ice sensor switch was engaged when you got zero degrees outside air temperature?

ReplyQuote
(@sabreliner)
12/01/2017 10:46 pm  

Yes I had to engage the ice sensor to shut off that alarm.  Afterwards I engage the engine de-ice switches, which work fine.  The wing and tail de-ice switches will NOT disengage the warning horns.  For my tests I make sure I do a ground checkout per the checklists (which work fine).  Its possible I'm not running the de-ice switches in the proper combination.  For example, the de-ice test switch has 3 positions.  Up for test, Middle for Off, and Bottom for Normal.  I have tried putting that switch in the middle and bottom switches to no avail.  

I also have a question regarding the fuel pump switches on engine start.  Is it necessary to run and A and B switches at the same time for engine start?  It seems I should be running A or B at all times, since I only want one fuel tank supplying fuel to one engine.  Unless each engine is supposed be supplied by A and B tanks at the same time for engine start.  

One more thing regarding the fuel system.  I tried starting the APU from the right side tank B.  I had the Right Side Tank B lever open, the right Crossfeed lever open and the APU lever open.  The APU would not start unless I also had right side Tank A lever open as well.  My understanding was the the Tank A and B levers only supply from that tank to the crossfeed manifold, it seems on this airplane the Tank A levers act as isolation valves to the fuselage.

Alan

Edited: 2 years  ago

ReplyQuote
(@stormilm)
13/01/2017 10:46 am  

I ran into the same issues today as described by Sabreliner while I was attempting my first medium range Nav test flight. I also ran out of VAS which may have been consumed by not only using the FSX Flight Planner (which eats a good bit of VAS but I also overflew a good bit of high end scenery before the VAS became maxed out. I'm going to retest the VAS issue by simply manually adding the waypoints into the GPS thus avoiding the FSX Flight Planner. 

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
13/01/2017 11:26 am  

Hi there

Sorry about alarm problem, busy with testing and will get back to you and Sabreliner. One of my customers also had VAS issues but it's sorted now.

This was his response back to me.....

"It looks like I have solved my Out Of Memory (VAS) issue when using the C-160 with P3D v3.4.18 ... After a quick read through AVSim and FlyInside forums, have deleted the Prepar3d.cfg and FlyInside.cfg, plus the shaders. 

This has worked, memory usage with the C-160 is now on-par with all the other aircraft I use. "

Hope this will help

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
13/01/2017 1:18 pm  

Okay got the culprit,  in the manual the reset button is called a wing overheat reset push button. It's called so because we are actually testing the ground overheat and failure, bit miss leading but is actually also the reset for the in flight alarm if not switched on. So first you will hear the ice sensor alarm at a certain temperature, second will be the engine warnings and last wing and tail alarm. After switched on press the reset to cancel the wing and tail alarms.

Regarding the fuel pumps that is correct all four must be on for start and and on final approach, just in case off a go-around and engine failure ( need to restart ). Engines must be started with Main A valves open, after start you can open Aux B and then close Main A. If not in that order you will get an engine out. For the pumps, switch off front and rear pumps of valve not been used (closed).

APU can only be started with APU valve open and captains or first officers Main A and crossfeed valves open.

Hope that helps........    

ReplyQuote
(@sabreliner)
13/01/2017 6:43 pm  

Thanks for the info!  In my testing, if I press and release the wing and tail de-icing reset buttons, the warning horn cancels for only a few seconds, and then comes back.  Is there something else I am missing?  Could you explain what positions you have the timer switches, heating mode control, and the cyclic timer switch?

Looking forward to the service pack!

Alan Johnston

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
14/01/2017 8:36 am  

Hi Alan

See attached picture. Remember you must firs switch deice on then the reset.  I flew her yesterday for 2 hours after reset at 20000 and then climb to 24000 for another 2 hours with no alarm.

Let me know if that works.

ReplyQuote
(@stormilm)
14/01/2017 8:57 am  

Yeah, that's the de-ice panel settings/flows that I used as well which yielded no alarms as I flew and cruised at both 15,000 and 20,000ft. Everything worked fine. 

ReplyQuote
(@stormilm)
14/01/2017 11:06 am  

BTW, is there a way to silence the Cabin Altitude Alarm? I can't find a way to cut it off which brings the question, how would they silence the alarm when depressurizing the cabin for performing HALO parachute jump operations?

ReplyQuote
(@jhdgdrt5rfsua)
Administrator Admin
14/01/2017 4:39 pm  

Hi there

Can you please send me a screen print of the pressurization panel when alarm start.  

ReplyQuote
(@stormilm)
15/01/2017 12:08 am  

Hello again, I've easily been able to maintain stable pressurization through ascent, cruise, and descent but again, if making an off schedule depressurization/emergency descent, once the alarm triggers, I am unable to get it to silence and it will remain on (hung) even after landing and shutdown (engine and power off). 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share: